Financial Aid Information for Current Students

Important Financial Aid Information

  • Financial aid for Spring 2020 will be disbursed on January 14th. You must be enrolled in Block 4 and have all required documents completed. If you are not enrolled in Block 4, Block 5 disbursement day is March 3rd. If you are not enrolled in Blocks 4&5, financial aid will be disbursed March 30th.
  • For students wanting federal financial aid for the spring semester, the Financial Aid Office strongly recommends having your 2019-2020 FAFSA filed by April 1st and all required financial aid documents turned in no later than May 1st.
  • Your enrollment status is very important for determining your eligibility for federal financial aid, specifically the Federal Pell Grant and FSEOG (Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant). Pell Grant eligible students will have their eligibility recalculated throughout a payment period (fall-spring-summer) There is an established census date within each block. This is the last day to drop a class with no notation. If you add classes, drop classes or withdrawal during the semester, check with the Financial Aid Office to see if it will impact your federal aid or institutional financial aid. Review the HC Academic Calendar for important dates within each block.
  • Students must be enrolled full time in order to receive Hastings College scholarships. If you have applied for graduation AND in your final semester, you can qualify for a pro-rated amount in an HC scholarship. Please contact the Financial Aid Office if you are part time and graduating in May 2020.

Scholarship Replacement, Review & Emergency Funds

  • The Financial Aid Office has a limited amount of funds available to revise college-sponsored aid for students due to the loss of talent-based or departmental scholarships. Replacement funds form »
  • Students who would like to have their current financial aid award increased for a variety of circumstances that include, but are not limited to: academic performance, positive contributions to the campus community or financial need that has changed but is not reflected on the FAFSA. Financial aid award review form »
  • In response to natural disasters that occurred during 2019, Hastings College has set up an emergency scholarship to help students who have been directly or indirectly affected by damaged property, experienced income loss due to the emergency, felt the impact of local economic downturn and incurred medical costs associated with the emergencies. Emergency scholarship form »

How do I renew my financial aid for the next school year?

Students returning to Hastings College will have their institutional merit and need grants renewed automatically. Talent scholarships and departmental scholarships will be renewed as long as students are meeting the requirements.

Students no longer wishing to participate in their talent area can apply for scholarship replacement funds.

Federal financial aid can only be renewed by completing an updated FAFSA for the upcoming award year.

Hastings College has limited funding for supplemental federal grants, federal work study and state grants. For best consideration, students should have their financial aid file completed before May 1.

Students with a completed financial aid file will receive their financial aid offer notification no later than May 1st for the upcoming year.

I have scholarships that I'm receiving from outside organization-how do I add these to my financial aid?

Students can complete our outside scholarship form and your financial aid counselor will add these to your award. You will be sent notification via email when you have a revised financial aid offer in your financial aid self-service.

Can I notify the Financial Aid Office about how I will be paying the balance?

Students can complete our payment form at any time before the beginning of the school year. By selecting one of the options, it helps the Financial Aid and HC Student Accounts Offices help communicate with you about your next steps. For example, if you select Parent PLUS loan, the Financial Aid Office will send you instructions for how to apply for a PLUS loan.

My parent borrowed a PLUS loan for this school year, do they need to apply every year?

Yes-they do need to apply every year, however, if the same parent is going to borrow the PLUS loan, they do not have to complete another master promissory note, just the PLUS application. Before applying, be sure you have filed an updated FAFSA for that particular school year.

My parent was denied the PLUS loan this school year and I accepted additional unsubsidized student loan eligibility-how do I renew this for the next school year?

Just like each year you need to complete a FAFSA, each year the parent must first apply for the PLUS loan. If they are once again denied, the Financial Aid Office will notify you via email that you have a revised financial aid offer to view in Financial Aid Self-Service.